April 22, 2021, 03:22:42 AM

Author Topic: Profile 1 checking in  (Read 310 times)

Offline Raven E II R

Profile 1 checking in
« on: April 05, 2021, 06:02:49 PM »
What a lovely surprise to see Ambrosia?s forums back online? it?s been a long time since I last posted here, a simpler time when Brexit or COVID-19 wasn?t a word you heard every single second of the day? I?m sure a lot has changed in Ambrosia since then, with a lot of ups and downs along the way. My life has completely changed since then, which I am sure many of you can relate to?

It is wonderful to see that all the data of the forum has been kept, a forum which has more than a decades worth of history! It is unbelievable that over 10 years has passed since I created this forum back in December 2010.

Many of you have grown up with Ambrosia, from young teens to adults, and no doubt quite a few of you have gotten married, and even started a family of your own. Browsing this forum is like looking back at an old photo album? Many hundreds of us played a part in this album. It is quite a sad thought that we all had daily interactions as ?virtual friends?, and now for most people, this is a distant memory as life has drawn us a new path, departing from the old.
Although this is a Counter Strike focused community, I didn?t have a lot of time to actually play the game! All my free time was consumed modera
ting this very forum, making server tweaks, and dealing with dramas (Oh the dramas!).

Ambrosia was much more to me than a CS 1.6 gaming server, it was a family, a place where many of us spent our free time to forget the stresses of life and enjoy the great company of people from across the world. This was my motivation to carry on throughout my ?tenure? as one of the leaders of Ambrosia, as I knew this place means a lot to many people. I am glad to see that till this very day, there are many who continue to carry the Ambrosian flag.

As for me personally, I am still in Spain, a country which has been hit quite hard by the global pandemic, especially in the area where I live, which is highly dependent on tourism. I do not play any Counter Strike nowadays, nor any multiplayer games since departing Ambrosia. I used to play a lot of League but have since lost interest in that game? When I do play any games now it is normally Cities Skylines, which many of you will find boring.

Well I will leave it there for now, as I could go on all day. I hope everyone is well and healthy, especially during these difficult times.

R
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:05:57 PM by Raven E II R »
"I am an Ambrosian"

Offline ℓσкαтσя

Re: Profile 1 checking in
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 06:37:09 PM »
Hey Raven,

Long time no see! Ambrosia was quite a journey, we really did grow up in it. I hardly remember most people here now and they probably don't remember me as well but I'm only here to support this lovely community to raise and grow again as I don't even play that much anymore (especially CS games).

Anyway, glad to see you around!

P.S: Technically there are/were 2 other accounts before yours :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 06:49:01 PM by ℓσкαтσя »

two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Hajrulla

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 07:57:13 PM »
Is this Raven or Andrew doings God work? Hi nice to see you here, is Ezza still alive?

Offline Burzum

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 08:19:08 PM »
i was in shock when i saw u in dd2 server, and also happy

hope to see u more often from now, since we are still in lockdown  :-*
Follow, like and watch us on Facebook

Offline Andrew`

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 08:28:45 PM »
What a pleasure to see you, Raven. Indeed many of us have grown up in this community over the years, shared experiences and formed friendships that stand strong, and all this from an idea between friends and a small community that ended up being one of the biggest of its time. We are trying to be positive and keep this going mostly so we don't let all this history go to waste and out of respect to its name and an amount of people that worked hard and showed plenty of love to it.

Glad to know you're ok, your presence is always appreciated, so do stick around :)

Offline thEnd

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
Sup Raven, nice to see you. Can clearly tell you have changed. Like we all, I believe.
Besides cs, skylines is my 2nd most favourite game, and no, its not boring.  :D
I'm sure this is not the last time we see you.  ;)

Offline Fisu

• The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
  • Ambrosian Admin
  • :)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 10:03:18 PM »
Hi Raven,

As a Person who back then had no Idea about Royal Family, you explained it very detailed to me, which to this day I still have it as my source, when people ask me about. Hope to see you around!

Offline Phantoms

• The rebel in me will never die.
  • VIP
  • Steam : Phantoms122
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 02:45:55 AM »
Good to see you around man, as a kid many years ago one of my strongest memories is i remember this one time when i was commanding in jailbreak and u joined, played a round, almost choked while commanding like is that raven?!?? U were throwing buncha question marks nd didn?t even know where am coming from #most stressfullroundinmylife.

Ramiz Karaeski : fragment not you
fragmeNttttttttttQ /o/ : can you like stop
Ramiz Karaeski : you are noob
Ramiz Karaeski : ı thınk you can stfu

NO SCOPEDDDDD:D:D:D:D

Offline Cracky

• Angel of the lord
  • Head Admin
  • Do stupid shit with confidence
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »
Those words you spoke brought tears to my eyes quite literally
As an Ambrosian member that has spent all of my time playing 1.6 on jailbreak, playing surf, deathrun. BaseBuilder.
This community was practically my home to help me escape the reality that i lived in, I have met a lot of wonderful people that some to this day remain friends with me
I have made so many memories on this very forum that we are currently writing on, shitposting, participating in Drama's and just general banter with some friends.
We probably haven't met at all but your services to this community will always be remembered, and also everyone else that has participated in making an enjoyable experience for any Ambrosian player

Long live Ambrosia!
I have fallen down so hard that getting up sounds kinda cringe

Offline Ray

• Just a normal
  • Unstoppable
  • Never underestimate the impossible!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
Raven, what a surprise seeing you here. Welcome back...
Hope time has changed you to the best.
As much as i know that you were working for the best of Ambrosia, you weren't the nicest person someone can talk to.
But time does its magic, so hope to see you around on forums to see the new you. Good to have nostalgic names around.

Cheers,
Ray

Offline tajski

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 12:16:04 AM »
you weren't the nicest person someone can talk to.

what a fuxking buzzkill of a reply haha

welcome back Liam, hope you've been well and I hope you and your family have been keeping safe during the pandemic as well

Offline Ray

• Just a normal
  • Unstoppable
  • Never underestimate the impossible!
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 09:43:36 AM »
what a fuxking buzzkill of a reply haha
Yeah well, truth doesn't always come easy fragment 👀 anyway...
Welcome back

Offline DiBs

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2021, 11:13:44 AM »
Hey man, good to know you still alive. hope you doing ok and keeping safe.

Offline Senshi Sawada

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 12:38:40 AM »
Oh god Raven, I'm really glad to see this post and welcome back to forums I guess

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 04:30:21 PM »
Many of you have grown up with Ambrosia, from young teens to adults, and no doubt quite a few of you have gotten married, and even started a family of your own. Browsing this forum is like looking back at an old photo album? Many hundreds of us played a part in this album. It is quite a sad thought that we all had daily interactions as ?virtual friends?, and now for most people, this is a distant memory as life has drawn us a new path, departing from the old.

I'm not the soppy type but this is so true, nearly 10 years of friendship with randomers I met here.

@tajski I fucking love you bro x

Offline tajski

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 04:52:48 PM »
I'm not the soppy type but this is so true, nearly 10 years of friendship with randomers I met here.

@tajski I fucking love you bro x

I love you too bro x