April 20, 2021, 04:01:14 AM

Author Topic: Coming Clean: I am a banevader  (Read 110 times)

Offline Drunky

• Sometimes I wish everyone could be as awesome as I am.
  • Veteran
Coming Clean: I am a banevader
« on: April 05, 2021, 03:29:22 PM »
Not sure why I'm talking about this just now, should've done this a long time ago, I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while now but never actually did because one, I was scared of getting banned again, and second, I didn't want others to think of me in a bad way, even though everyone would probably have a good reason to hate me.

Enough rambling.
January 2015 I got caught using wallhack by admin BucKK with the help of @BuddyTrollsten.
My nickname was "Snoop Doggie - SB", which I used for a long time, some old players should definitely recognize the nick.
Buck suspected me cheating and started a hns day, went spec and recorded me.
Since he was a trial admin and didn't have the access to banmenu, he proceeded to kick me, until I gave up joining.

At the time, I think I denied cheating, but the truth is, I did use wallhack.
Some would say "what's the point od cheating in jailbreak?"
And it's a great question, but keep in mind, I was 14-15 and used to cheat on bunch of other servers, but I only played jailbreak in Ambrosia.
I had wallhack already installed on my pc and was always one button away from cheating. I admit it was a dick move, I let many people down. I felt terrible after. I spent way too much time on the server for it to just disappear because of my stupidity. I started playing jailbreak back in 2013 or 2014, back when muSii was admin, that's a long time.
I made some great friends and felt sick that I'll never talk to these people again.
I was officially banned and not given a second chance, but, I could still join the server, which I found weird, so I kept playing with a different nick and I've been evading the ban since then.
I thought people would notice after a day or two but no one ever did, and this blows my mind to this day.

I regret this deeply and feel awful about it, but it's been well over 6 years and I also think I have proven myself that I'm not actually the cunt I used to be.
I quit cheating soon after and I've been a clean steam player since then.
I was even an admin in Ambrosia back in 2017.
Point is, I have changed and I think everyone deserves to know the real truth about me, even though most of the players that played with me at the time aren't around anymore.

https://ambrosia-community.com/index.php?topic=30816.msg389294#msg389294
Topic buck made after catching me.

Video by cru$her of us doing harlem shake, I'm the glowing one (snoop doggie)
https://youtu.be/5IgzMT-Uuh0

@stefanefan my first account where I cried about my ban.
It shows 3 posts but I can only see one, I assume others are either deleted or not available for my viewing.

Seems like off topic is gone, so I'm posting it here.
Some previous nicknames I used people might recognize: grapeMAN, Fluffy *-*, and finally Snoop Doggie- SB.

Yeah, sorry.

Offline Andrew`

Re: Coming Clean: I am a banevader
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 04:42:53 PM »
Surprised, to say the least, but at the same time impressed. You could've never said a thing since nobody found out it was you, so it's a very bold move. Well, it's old history and we better move on, I don't think you're that person anymore, I consider the re-opening of Ambrosia a new start, no old bans, no old grudges. Good move to open up, and I hope the burden is now off your shoulders.

Offline Ray

• Just a normal
  • Unstoppable
  • Never underestimate the impossible!
Re: Coming Clean: I am a banevader
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 04:27:31 PM »
Ah yes, my ban hammer is still suggesting "drunky" whenever i hover my mouse of it.
Welcome back to the new start