September 22, 2021, 06:34:05 PM

Author Topic: Stepping Down  (Read 228 times)

Offline presto

Stepping Down
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:34:11 AM »
Hi all,

I wanted to personally announce that I am officially stepping down as HA of the Dust 2 1.6 team.

I won't lie, it has been one heck of a ride right from the get go, but I wouldn't change anything. I enjoyed all my time as HA and I am glad to have met so many different people from different parts of the world, all with individual responsibilities, issues, questions, doubts, debates, problems, worries, jokes, humour, the list goes on. I hope that I was able to interact with the team and everyone in general as someone who is on the same level. I don't like come across "higher up" than anyone, we are all people, and I wanted to make sure that we treat one another with mutual respect.

I know I ruffled a few feathers and not everything I done or said went down well with everyone whether I done the right thing or wrong. Please understand that none of it was for my personal gain and it was all for the good of the server and community. My intention was only to better the cause.

Now I am thankful to so many individuals for the support, guidance and overall fun moments I have had. I could list out name after name after name but this isn't the oscars  ;D. I hope that I have done a decent enough of a job to have left a good foundation for the new HA (this will be announced soon by HS) to work from. The server and Ambrosia in general has a very exciting future ahead with some great ideas that are being implemented right now. It's a shame I can't be apart of it but time dictates that someone who can dedicate more time and energy deserves the role.

I will still be on the forums, floating around as I am now and I will be online playing CS 1.6 still refusing to move to CS:GO (I know, it is inevitable (Mr. Anderson) :'(), so hit me up at anytime, always happy to have a chat  :).

Anyway this has turned out to be much much longer than I would have liked so if you don't want to read the essay (I always shook my head at those who wrote long essays on this forums during arguments  :D), see below:

I am stepping down but will still be here, sorry if I have ever hurt you - I still love you, thank you for everything, be good to each other, stick around it's about to get exciting, this is not good bye but more of a see you around  :-*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:45:51 PM by presto »

Offline Red Wolf

Re: Stepping Down
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:20:59 AM »
Sad to hear that this presto,
Wish you the best mate, see ya around  :)
Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards. -Soren Kierkegaard

Offline RAMBATEN

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »
Come on cyka blyat csGO =)>

Offline CoiNNN

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:40 AM »
That's bad news :(

Good luck in your university in London as much as I remember you told me a year ago.
Thanks for all your hard work on the dust2 server. Make sure you keep in touch with me man:)

Offline Bess

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 09:34:39 AM »
I never had the chance to play with you, nor talk to you, but I've seen you in forums and I always imaged you as a guy with a strict policy and a mature lad. Thank you for everything presto, see you around :'(

Offline SilverQuick

• Acknowledge Pain
  • Unstoppable
  • The shit's chess, it ain't checkers
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »
You've done a great job as HA of DD2 server thanks to your management people had so much fun, what can I say to you @presto? good luck mate and thanks for your efforts and your time it's been a pleasure to know you and to deal with you, hope we'll stay in touch and why not play as well from time to time again, good luck mate and take care of yourself.

Offline Burzum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
sad u leaving coz u always have been very respectfull here, and ur replies always been filled with common sense

a pleasure "work" with u  8)
Follow, like and watch us on Facebook

Offline 'PL'

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 01:45:11 PM »
Ah Presto...

What about our rants in the server :(

Anyway, thank you a lot for the company in the community.

Suhaib

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
thank you presto for everything.

Offline a[Y]mEn -,-

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »
admeen make me in youre place 'ha' bleaz